But what if it's a new user who isn't a contact in Salesforce yet? You can set it up so new users become "Leads" (which you can later turn into contacts).
We'll walk you through how to set it up and get it working in Salesforce and UserVoice.
(Note: You must set up our Salesforce integration, outlined here, first)
Setting it up in Salesforce
- Log into Salesforce.
- Click on your Username in the header and choose "Setup."
- Click "Customize" -> "Cases" -> "Fields."
- Scroll down to Case Custom Fields and Relationships and click "New."
Step 1: Select "Lookup Relationship" and click "Next."
Step 2: Choose "Related to Lead," and click "Next"
Step 3, 4 and 5: It will auto-fill the fields. That's fine. They don't need to be customized. Just click "Next" for each of these steps.
Step 6: Choose "Save."
Once that's done, go back to your "Case Fields," and you'll see an "API Name" listed for your new "Custom Field and Relationship."
Setting it up in UserVoice:
- Log into UserVoice, click "Settings" in the Admin Header and click on "Integrations."
- Click "Service Hooks," and edit your existing Salesforce hook.
- You'll see "The API Name of a Case -> Lead Relationship field." Paste in the API Name you just got and save.