Starting on our Standard Plan, you can change how many votes users receive on your Forum.
The Advantage of a 10 vote Limit
By default users are given 10 votes per forum. We think there are several advantage to this.
In every audience there is a certain subset of people that will vote on anything and everything if given the chance. They are your most vocal participants, and equate to roughly 10% of your users.
While this may seem appealing at first, this often leads to unbalanced feedback from only that small minority, not the rest of your audience. Our default system limits the vocal minority by placing a ten vote limit on all participants. While this is customizable (on our Plus Plan), we encourage you to leave this limit, as it focuses your users’ votes to their top three ideas.
How to Change Your Vote Limits
However, we also realize you know your customers and industry best. So within each forum, you can change how many votes users are given.
- From within your Admin Console click on the Forum where you want to change the limit.
- Click the “Settings” tab.
- Scroll down to “Forum Topic” and on the left you'll see "Votes Allowed."
- Choose how many votes you want users to receive.
- Click "Save Settings" at the bottom of the page.