You have a bunch of article you need to upload. You don't want to enter them individually, so how can you import them all at once?
What Formatting Do I Use?
Before you import an article, make sure your articles are UTF-8 encoded (formatted). If you're not technical, you're probably wondering what planet we're from. So do we sometimes :)
UTF-8 encoding is used across the web, and is basically a universal format. Since our software recognizes UTF-8 encoding, it will translate UTF-8 encoded text with no problems.
If you upload articles that use another type of encoding or formatting, our system will try and interpret it. But it probably won't guess correctly every time. This can result in strange characters or messed up words.
To avoid this make sure your articles are all UTF-8 encoded before adding them to the import template.
How do I Import the Articles?
- Click on Helpdesk in the left hand menu and click "Unpublished."
- Click on the gear icon next to the search bar and choose "Import articles."
- Download the template, and enter the article title, body and Helpdesk Topic.
- If you want them to be imported as "Unpublished" choose "FALSE" for the "Published State." Use "TRUE" if you want them to be automatically published.
- Then upload them, and you're done!
Other Articles You Might Enjoy:
- What data can I export and how?
- Edit and format Knowledge Base articles
- Import ideas
- Import your content from Zendesk, Get Satisfaction, Desk.com, Tender, Gmail or an IMAP server