I suggest you ...

Mobile-optimized Admin Console

If you're on the go, it would be wonderful to be able to manage your UserVoice Admin Console from your mobile. Right now the Admin Console is not mobile-friendly. It would be ideal if it were, or if there were an app for managing it.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mortimer RaynorMortimer Raynor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Samson DanielSamson Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't forget push on new email ticket, updated ticket and so on, thats something that for example Zendesk forgot....

• Hyman McLaughlinHyman McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Native app (iOS & Android), primarily to leverage notifications and alerts
        2) Ticket management and analytics, specifically Ticket Insights

• Kari BradtkeKari Bradtke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least remove the modal windows. Most of the current Admin UI is usable, except where you force adding a note or a comment in a modal window. You don't use modals in tickets, why use them in feedback forums ?

• Laurianne SimonisLaurianne Simonis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1). Android and IOS App.
        2). Able to respond to ticket, use the default preconfigured answers to avoid having to type alot on the phone. ability to close ticket, and open. THose are the key features needed.

reason for APP is because how else will you get notification on your mobile when someone submit a ticket ? I rather have notification than emails sent to me.

• Alfonzo BlickAlfonzo Blick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Responding to tickets is the most important. A very helpful way for me to get work done on the train, bus, airport, etc. Mobile web is not very good but would be a decent last resort.

• Remington HilllRemington Hilll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a mobile-optimized site, unless there is some cool stuff you can do in an app that you can't do on the web. I just think it breaks the workflow if you have to download or open an app from a ticket email.

The main thing I'd like to do from my mobile is update/manage tickets. Basically keep up to date with customers and be notified.

• Gwendolyn BatzGwendolyn Batz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mobile-optimized site for a lot of reasons! There's nothing about UV that lends itself more toward a native app (e.g., you're not using the camera or accelerometer). Users just want to be able to see their queues, respond to a ticket or add a note, then reassign/close.

The only reason my team doesn't use the reply via email functionality is because it's impossible to add notes and reassign the ticket. That's why we need the mobile version!

Develop the core features and let the user base give you feedback. Right now it requires precise tapping and swiping to do the basics -- very frustrating when you're on the go!!

• Willa WalshWilla Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I would refer a dedicated app vs mobile website for this particular system. I know there are pros and cons to both, since we have been down that road ourselves, but for this type of system and our particular use case, an app might provide a richer response now and in the future, by leveraging other mobile features and apps (for example, Box or Dropbox for hosting of Article images and resources (like video).

There are also cases where we can't form a full reply at one sitting, and need to save our work, to be continued later. You can do this with a web app, but I might like the save point/offline capability of an app (again, just my preference).

That said, I would probably be OK with mobile and it would be easier to develop and maintain from the UserVoice dev team point of view.

Support is something that is crucial for us, and the ability to continue working, whether connected or disconnected, is key to timely response and meeting our support service level agreements.

I know that to many, this feature may seem like simple CSS mods, but it usually isn't that simple. We went through the same thing, taking a web app and making a key component mobile. Touch input is not equivalent to mouse point and click, the behavior of your controls are not the same and shouldn't be. How fat are your fingers? User testing will uncover these issues fast.

In many (I would say most) cases, this is much more than a CSS change. I am guessing the dev team here is facing a lot of small problems to overcome ... a lot of gotchas. If it were just CSS, everyone would have mobile-optimized apps right this moment. Saying its nothing but CSS is like saying the difference between a VW Beetle and an SUV is " just some seating mods".

IMHO I've come to believe that the UI design and experience should absolutely be more than CSS. It should be targeted and specific, tailored to the user experience. I really like the UserVoice Desktop experience, and I'd like to enjoy the mobile version just as much, so I expect it to be fitting of the mobile browser it will exist within and appropriately offer me everything I need, when I need it, within the context of that small screen real-estate.

My .02.

• Orland BoehmOrland Boehm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"coming months"? Its just a CSS adjustment, its 2013, not 2003, this is not something exactly new

• Amya MayerAmya Mayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Sven Agreed, it's definitely not ideal and not the ultimate solution to this problem...I just wanted to make sure that folks knew you /can/ respond via email. We'll definitely be looking in the coming months at how we can actually solve doing support on mobile.

• Emmie EmardEmmie Emard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evan, regarding "you can reply to tickets via email". Sure, BUT that ticket is automatically closed. Quite often we need to have a dialogue with the customer for solving the issue, and perhaps follow up after a while to ensure that solution is OK. So do not want to close the ticket imediately. Which means that responding via email does not work...

• Cordelia QuigleyCordelia Quigley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey folks - we are actively looking into this. In the meantime, I just wanted to remind you that you CAN reply to ticket notifications from your regular email inbox and they'll be correctly routed through the ticket system. I know that's not a complete solution, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that. Thanks for continuing to provide feedback on this topic!

• Gustave HansenGustave Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a WP8 user I would really apriciate a mobile website, since WP8 always is at the very back of the line. A mobile site would be usefull for everybody iOS, Android or WP8.

• Darrion KeeblerDarrion Keebler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"....but will put more energy and resources into this idea shortly thereafter"

SOooo Here we are April 2nd, Id say a month is "shortly thereafter" so what have we got? ;-) Surely you can do some CSS mods in a month?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base