Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Orion KuhnOrion Kuhn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

106 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marie CummingsMarie Cummings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have feature for us, as our app PicCollage has users around the world. Please enable it!

• Cathy WillCathy Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature. without this, the tool does not make sense.. ability to create knowledge base articles in different languages and displaying them on the kb site accordingly is crucial.

• Eileen MurrayEileen Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really want to use Uservoice in our products but this is a must have feature for us to be able to sign-up

• Lonnie CartwrightLonnie Cartwright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really great to have. Also the translation of wiki-style linking content and see what articles have not been translated would be perfect.

• Victor HellerVictor Heller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a way to have uservoice UI in a chosen language.
        But this is useless to me if there it can't be used in Articles / Ideas.

For starters, I think and admin should be able to select the languages he wants to support in global Uservoice settings, and a default language.

Writing articles : the admin would write the one in default language, and could add translation picking from one of its supported language

Displaying Article (Knowledge base)
        Articles would be displayed in the language taken from the user locale, if not ->default

Going the extra mile would be achieving translation for Feedback/Ideas.
        I would not recommend providing an automatic translation that is gonna be poor and confuse an user. Rather, the Admin would translate them. If ones take the effort of providing I18n, it is very likely that he has the skillset or resources to complete this translation.

I would

• Brooklyn ReynoldsBrooklyn Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found the locale setting in the widget and used the forum_id: this allows you to use the widget in your language, as well as the forum. This can be closed in my opinion.

• Lonie VeumLonie Veum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think something like this would be ok (translating only layouts&forms):

http://flywers.uservoice.com/
        http://flywers.uservoice.com/?lang=it
        http://flywers.uservoice.com/?lang=fr
        http://flywers.uservoice.com/?lang=de

Right now it works only on the first loaded page. You should propagate the "lang" var in all page requests (eg when user clicks on "I suggest you ...")
        That would be very nice imho :)

• Kaitlin FramiKaitlin Frami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Careful though not to treat it simply as different KBs. Language is a property of the article, and you may have the same article translated to many languages. When the article is retrieved by a user, the system should display the article in the user's language. Also, when the article is updated, all translations should be flagged to be updated as well. Automated translation should be offered when none of the available languages of the article match the users language preference.

• Fanny BrownFanny Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here: I would like visitors who view the Dutch (main language) version of my site to use only the Dutch feedback form, and visitors who choose the English version should get a feedback form in English.

• Ashly BrekkeAshly Brekke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a similar need. I use single sign on and I can easily pass the locale of my user which could filter the articles I've written in that language. If no articles, then it can default to a predetermined language. Since forums can be language separated (yes?) then it follows that articles should be as well.

• Scot LefflerScot Leffler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this. Since our main markets speak English, Japanese and Chinese, we'd need to have a single site capable of switching, on demand, from one to the other.

Regards.

• Timothy MrazTimothy Mraz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(+3 votes)
        I was able to change the admin interface to Spanish, but what it is valuable is that our visitors / users were able to read the UI in Spanish as default since we are in Mexico. We want to maximize feedback and if they do not understand, they won´t do it.

• Seth BuckridgeSeth Buckridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! it would be nice to have a multi language system (knowledge base and forum) similar to other help desk companies, where the language of the user is recognized and accordingly the forum and FAQs are shown in his language!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base